Tuesday, January 28, 2014

An Open Letter to the Other Customer in the Subaru Service Courtesy Lounge

Hey, gentleman a few seats over, or shall I say, dude
You may not realize it, but cell phone use here is rude
It’s bad enough that the TV is tuned to “The View”
On top of that, now I’ve got to listen to you

While waiting for a mechanic to replace my oil
It’s amazing how quickly my good mood can spoil
The day is young, that clock over there says it’s not even nine
And I’m ready to shove your Android where the sun doesn’t shine

The coffee may be complimentary, but I certainly am not
If it were legal, I’d kill you right here on the spot
The pastries are stale, and the donuts look greasy
And you’re an argument for the decline of the human species

I’d rather not hear you recite your shopping list
In fact, I’d prefer that you didn’t exist
And when you gossip about some chick from your work
You, sir, sound like both a dick and a jerk

I have an easy solution for you phone-talking bums
Have you considered exercising the use of your thumbs?
There’s a simple way to prevent others from becoming so vexed
All you have to do is stop talking, and start sending texts.







1 comment:

  1. I feel like that at least once each day!! Well versed my friend!

    ReplyDelete